Re: [avr-gcc-list] reset disable (rstdisbl)

From: Neil Davey
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] reset disable (rstdisbl)
Date: Mon, 10 Oct 2005 09:23:16 +1000

address@hidden wrote:

Hi,

If the "rstdisbl" fuse is programmed on an AVR,
is there any way to unprogram this bit over the
SPI ISP interface?  I have an atmega168 qfp32 chip
that I am trying to get the fuse bits programmed on, but I think I messed up! I should probably
figure out how to use avrdude I guess, anyone have
any tips for programming atmega168 fuses?  I am using
an ISP windows program by Adam Dybkowski.

Once you program the External Reset Disable fuse, you can't use the ISP
interface, at it needs the reset.
On the Tiny13 I've used, and probably your device, you need to use a
high voltage programming method
to reprogram the fuses back. Check the datasheet in the fuses section,
it should tell you what method you need to use..

Regards
Neil Davey