AW: [avr-gcc-list] Using current avr-gcc for target ATmega2561

From: Haase Bjoern (PT-BEU/EMT) *
Subject: AW: [avr-gcc-list] Using current avr-gcc for target ATmega2561
Date: Tue, 11 Oct 2005 14:06:12 +0200

> I can easily avoid (1) by using <128Kbyte flash from C. But I cannot figure out what problem is solved by (2).
> Indirect jumps can be done by IJMP/ICALL, no need to push addresses yourself. Before diving into avr.md

> and other files, could anybody point my in the right direction ?

To answer my own question, at least one problem is the addressing of function parameters that were put on

the stack. I spend some time browsing the gcc source code and finally found at least one
function in .../gcc/config/avr/avr.c that needs knowledge of the size of the program counter:

Yes. This is the place to apply changes. Possibly look also at the patch I had posted some weeks ago.

Yours,

Bjoern.