Re: [avr-gcc-list] makefile for ubuntu

From: David Kelly
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] makefile for ubuntu
Date: Thu, 13 Oct 2005 20:10:23 -0500

On Thu, Oct 13, 2005 at 10:33:45AM -0500, Patrick Blanchard wrote:

I would shy away from the makefile approach until you are capable of
understanding the linux tooling process from start to finish. The
WinAVR makefile is bloated for microsofties, so it takes a lot of
wading thru the makefile to set what you require for linux.

You lost me in "linux tooling process". The Makefile I sent to Vincent
which was reposted here yesterday works unchanged on WinAVR, FreeBSD,
and undoubtedly on Vincent's Linux.

Once past the bloat of WinAVR's generic Makefile the workings of Make
becomes simple and beautiful. No matter the one I provided has some
"advanced" features such as a generated depend list. One of Joerg's demo
project Makefiles, IIRC the twi demo, got me over the hump as to what
avr-gcc needed.

--
David Kelly N4HHE, address@hidden