Re: [avr-gcc-list] makefile for ubuntu

From: Vincent Trouilliez
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] makefile for ubuntu
Date: Fri, 14 Oct 2005 12:30:16 +0200

On Thu, 2005-10-13 at 21:02 -0500, Patrick Blanchard wrote:
> It will probably work, but only until Vincent tries it on his own linux
> box (which is different from my linux box(es)) will he be undoubtedly
> certain that it works or not. And if it doesn't work, it might get him
> so frustrated that he gives up linux for good.

Give up Linux ?! Hell, I have been using it "full time" for only just a
year, but I can see the light, and am well past the non-return point
now. I seriously can't imagine what could force me to give up Linux in
favour of Windows. Windows just doesn't make any sense anymore for me,
and as Windows keeps getting worse and worse, and Linux keeps improving,
it makes less and less sense every day.

I most definitely certainly wouldn't have given up programming AVR's,
never mind using Linux, because of a little Make file, how ridiculous
and disproportionate.
It's like saying every Windows user would give up Windows and go to
Linux, every time their XP box gets a virus or some mal-ware or
something ! If only they would, Wall Street would collapse in a split
second lol ! ;-)

--
Vince