Re: [avr-gcc-list] Function prologue and epilogues of gcc

From: Torsten Landschoff
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] Function prologue and epilogues of gcc
Date: Sat, 22 Oct 2005 21:41:16 +0200

Hi Jeff,

On Fri, Oct 21, 2005 at 02:13:31PM -0500, address@hidden wrote:
> If you could guarantee that there are 255 unused bytes of SRAM below
> the lowest stack location, maybe this would be OK.  But imagine the

Basically I can at this point (I am working on a boot loader for the
Mega128).

> AVR sees an interrupt just after __SP_H__ changes.  It begins by
> pushing a bunch of registers, which clobbers the heap, or even worse
> writes to I/O space or the registers!

Yep, I understand that. My only question was wether there could be other
problems with my approach apart from using to much stack space. I am
mostly wondering how to squeeze as much code as possible into the boot
loader section. SRAM usage is not that big an issue at that point but I
need interrupts for dealing with I/O.

Greetings

        Torsten