Re: [avr-gcc-list] Debugging gcc output with AVR studio

From: Eric Weddington
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] Debugging gcc output with AVR studio
Date: Wed, 26 Oct 2005 09:24:16 -0600

Torleif Sandnes wrote:
David Braendler wrote:

Hi, I've just downloaded the latest and greatest WinAVR 20050214 and AVR
Studio (4.12 Build 452)
I'm generating a .elf file with and trying to debug this in AVR studio
(using STK500)  When I compile with the -gdwarf-2, it does not seem to
generate any debug information. A dwarfdump shows nothing. Compiling
with a -gstabs and the debug information is there (an see it with avr-
objdump)

dwarfdump does not seem to work for me either.
Try to do avr-readelf -wi yourobjectfile.elf

Torleif

Known bug: dwarfdump does not work, even though it built correctly. IIRC, I have a bug report in the WinAVR project about it, but at the moment there is no known solution.

Sorry for the hassle.

Eric