Re: [avr-gcc-list] Compiling gcc-avr : how to enable dwarf-2 option ?

From: Joerg Wunsch
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] Compiling gcc-avr : how to enable dwarf-2 option ?
Date: Fri, 4 Nov 2005 19:52:41 +0100 (MET)

Lars Noschinski <address@hidden> wrote:

> Indeed, I found the stabs+ debugging more useful than dwarf, as
> ddd/gdb had problems with volatile variables.

IIRC with all (global/static) variables.  The offset 0x800000
for RAM access isn't being taken into account.

I've already wrote it elsewhere, it's merely incidentical that
avr-gdb already works with DWARF-2 at all.  This has never
been designed or activated by someone for the AVR target, it's
only a by-product of DWARF-2 being enabled for GCC/GDB's major
platforms (i386/amd64).