Re: [avr-gcc-list] sdram adress/length

From: David Brown
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] sdram adress/length
Date: Thu, 10 Nov 2005 15:43:00 +0100

(Please post in plain text format, not tiny font html)

You can use "unsigned long int" (or uint32_t) for 32-bit unsigned integers.
I don't think there is any support for three-byte data in avr-gcc - it is
not a commonly used size in C.  You'll waste a little time and space with
32-bit data, but it will save worrying about the carry.

Alternatively, and probably better, you could re-organize your loops in
terms of inner and outer loops with (at most) 16-bit counters for each.

Of course, flash write speed is by far the overhead in such a loop, not the
calculation of the increments.

And are you sure you mean sdram?  I can't think of any way an sdram chip
could be connected to an AVR and still work properly.  You've got to access
it synchronous to a fast clock, and refresh the data regularly.

mvh.,

David