RE: [avr-gcc-list] problem with debbuggin with AVRStudio 4.12 and WinAvr

From: Nigel Winterbottom
Subject: RE: [avr-gcc-list] problem with debbuggin with AVRStudio 4.12 and WinAvr
Date: Tue, 15 Nov 2005 21:25:26 -0000

Antonio,

> Main regularly calls somma(e,r) . But after it's ended the
> control flow does not return to main but after its last
> instruction ( exit()).

> int main ()
>

>       int r = 0;
>       r = somma(e,r);
>                 r=r+1;
>                 return r;
> }

I see this sometimes; I suppose you want to "watch" the variable 'r'. 'r'
has temporary scope only, the compiler has no need to store it in  'home'
registers, therefore you cannot "watch" it.

I would get around this by inspecting the register contents after the
function returns by single stepping using the dissassembler view. Sometimes
however, I would store the local variable into a global.

Regards

Nigel Winterbottom