Re: [avr-gcc-list] ld: crts8515.o: No such file; with avr-gcc under Linu

From: Günter Dannoritzer
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] ld: crts8515.o: No such file; with avr-gcc under Linux
Date: Wed, 23 Nov 2005 16:25:49 +0100

Uwe Fechner wrote:
Günter Dannoritzer schrieb:

[...]
What seeams strange to me is, that you get the error-message from ld and not from avr-ld.

Perhaps you get an idea what you have been doing wrong, if you look at my howto:
http://www.kieltech.de/uweswiki/Compiling_5fAVR_2dGCC
[...]

Thanks for the link. One difference I noticed in the configuration as shown on the avr libc page and your explanation is the use of the --program-prefix option when building binutils and gcc.

I did not use that option when building my tools, that my explain why I have a ld call and not a avr-ld call.

I will clean my installation and do it again according your explanations. Maybe that makes a difference.

Guenter