Re: [avr-gcc-list] OCDEN Fuse

From: Gary Douglas
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] OCDEN Fuse
Date: Fri, 25 Nov 2005 14:55:20 -0700

I'm sure it does, but I'm trying to figure out the application of it. The datasheet is clear, but doesn't provide an explanation of the advantage of using it.

Does AVR Studio's debugger have enhanced functionality as a result of enabling OCD - or is it just a magic extra register (with some notification ability) to use at will?

Graham Davies wrote:
Gary Douglas wrote:

I've been hunting all day to try and figure
out what the OCDEN fuse really does.

Doesn't it do what the data sheet says it does?  I just took a look in the
ATmega16 data sheet, searched for OCDEN, and it seems pretty clear to me.
(There's not much point in me paraphrasing the data sheet, so I'll stop
here.)

Graham.

!DSPAM:4387880555791884552897!

--