Re: [avr-gcc-list] mega168 support in AVaRICE?

From: Joerg Wunsch
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] mega168 support in AVaRICE?
Date: Sun, 27 Nov 2005 23:05:17 +0100

As Uwe Fechner wrote:

> >avarice doesn't and cannot support the ATmega168, as that device
> >does not have JTAG hardware.

> What about debugWire support in avrice?
> Would it be possible?

I think it would but nobody has even thought about it.

Feel free to contribute ideas and code snippets if you like...  I
guess the avarice mailing list would be a better place to discuss it
though.  There aren't too many active contributors to avarice these
days (maybe two or three of them), so unless you're willing to write
something yourself, don't expect any miracles.  As avarice is written
in C++ and uses a few OO techniques, it might help in your issue as
well (just derive a new subclass for dW).