Re: [avr-gcc-list] use of specifin RAM location

From: Kevin Neff
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] use of specifin RAM location
Date: Mon, 28 Nov 2005 09:08:33 -0600 (CST)

On Mon, 28 Nov 2005, varsha wrote:

> I'm working on avr-gcc (GCC) 3.4.3 compiler and target MCU is Atmega 16
> i want to declare some variables, such that hey will take specific ram
> locations...
>
> how to achieve this in c?

What's the point of using the abstraction of the C language, then?  The
compiler should handle those details for you.

Perhaps I'm misunderstanding your question.  You can store data in EEPROM
at specific locations, or in flash, letting the compiler choose the location.
You can read more about it in avr-libc Library Reference or FAQ.

--Kevin