Re: [avr-gcc-list] mega168 support in AVaRICE?

From: Joerg Wunsch
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] mega168 support in AVaRICE?
Date: Mon, 28 Nov 2005 16:49:39 +0100

As Eric Weddington wrote:

> >It would be a cool feature to have, btw.

> ... But wouldn't that mean that Atmel Norway would have to release
> the spec for debugWire? ;-)

No, we don't want to omit the JTAG ICE, we're still talking to the
ICE.  That part of the protocol is published (and is mostly the same
as when talking to the target via JTAG).

The unpublished and proprietary part is the wire protocol between the
ICE and the target (for both, JTAG and dW, but JTAG has been reverse
engineered to some degree).