Re: [avr-gcc-list] Adding date/version information to project??

From: John Altstadt
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] Adding date/version information to project??
Date: Mon, 28 Nov 2005 20:38:32 -0800

address@hidden wrote:
Hi all:

I am looking for an automated way to update a static string in program
space when my project is built. Is there an easy way to do this, either
by adding an extra target to the makefile, or some other way? I'd prefer
not to manually have to change the information, and I'd also prefer for
it to NOT change when none of the other source files change.

Check out this thread in the archives:

http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/avr-gcc-list/2005-09/msg00220.html

Especially the sub thread from me, Anton Erasmus, and Dave Hansen. I show a method to create a version string and Anton and Dave show how to properly compile the version string instead of using the ugly make hack I came up with.

John