Re: [avr-gcc-list] Butterfly RS232?

From: Mike Young
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] Butterfly RS232?
Date: Tue, 29 Nov 2005 18:24:36 -0600

Thanks. The pin is completely dead when I probe it with a scope. It can hardly be hardware in this day and age. Right?

The gcc-port code looks as follows. Connection settings on the PC are 19200, 8N1, no handshake. Receive works just fine, else I wouldn't be bothering you with it. I know for certain the code gets to the _Tx function when it should. It hits breakpoints in the debugger, and I've added that annoying PlayClick in the callers.

void USART_Init(unsigned int baudrate)

{

   // Set baud rate

   UBRRH = (unsigned char)(baudrate>>8);

   UBRRL = (unsigned char)baudrate;

   // Enable 2x speed

   UCSRA = (1<<U2X);

   // Enable receiver

   UCSRB = (1<<RXEN)|(0<<TXEN)|(0<<RXCIE)|(0<<UDRIE);

   // Async. mode, 8N1

   UCSRC = (0<<UMSEL)|(0<<UPM0)|(0<<USBS)|(3<<UCSZ0)|(0<<UCPOL);

}

void Usart_Tx(char data)

{

   while (!(UCSRA & (1<<UDRE)));