RE: [avr-gcc-list] Adding date/version information to project??

From: Matt.VanDeWerken
Subject: RE: [avr-gcc-list] Adding date/version information to project??
Date: Wed, 30 Nov 2005 17:46:03 +1000

That's fantastic Dave, thanks for the suggestion; I was going to make
the buildnumber like you have suggested, but couldn't think of a good
reason for the extra complication. Your suggestion has intrigued me to
try it (tomorrow - it's hometime right now).

I wonder if it can be a part of the script itself, and then have the
script edit itself in place (using sed -i)?? Hrm, something to try...

If this works, it's much better than what I originally had because the
fluff is mucho reduced (one less arbitrary file in the build directory).

Cheers,
Matthew van de Werken - Electronics Engineer
CSIRO E&M - Rock Mass Characterisation - 1 Technology Court - Pullenvale
- 4069
p: (07) 3327 4142 * f: (07) 3327 4455 * e: address@hidden
"We do not inherit the earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our
children."
-- Native American Proverb