Re: [avr-gcc-list] How does one get gcc *.lst file with interspersed Sou

From: Dave Hylands
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] How does one get gcc *.lst file with interspersed Source Listing and Assembler?
Date: Thu, 1 Dec 2005 23:09:35 -0800

Resending to the list.

Hi Patrick,

> I Tried "gcc -Wa,-alh hello.c", but it didn't work.  I get output that looks
> like the following (it doesn't have the *.c lines interspersed to where it
> corresponds to chunks of Assember code).  Does anyone know a way to get the
> *.c source lines interspersed within the below output (i.e. what gcc or as
> options etc…?)?

This should work for you:

avr-gcc -c -gstabs -Wa,-ahlmsd=file.lst file.c

The assembler is what produces the combined listing and it requires
the stabs information in order to get the line number information.

avr-objdump --source file.o

will also produce an intermixed listing, but I personally find this
inferior to the one produced by letting the assembler do the listing.

--
Dave Hylands
Vancouver, BC, Canada