Re: [avr-gcc-list] LIBC 1.2.6 vs 1.4.0 header files, FLASH and EEPROM

From: Joerg Wunsch
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] LIBC 1.2.6 vs 1.4.0 header files, FLASH and EEPROM
Date: Wed, 7 Dec 2005 00:06:29 +0100 (MET)

"Bob Paddock" <address@hidden> wrote:

> Lint would not like it.  In this case there is no issue with that
> usage, but I don't like relying on implied evaluations as they can
> lead to very subtle bugs.

But implying a particular GCC version would automatically also use
some specific avr-libc version is IMHO even worse.

The ``politically correct'' way would be to use something like
autoconf, and probe for the existance of <avr/version.h>.  If it's
missing, set __AVR_LIBC_VERSION__ to a low value (e.g. 1) from the
command-line.