Re: [avr-gcc-list] How to rebuild AVR-GCC for Windows?

From: David Brown
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] How to rebuild AVR-GCC for Windows?
Date: Wed, 7 Dec 2005 09:24:50 +0100

> On Tue, 06 Dec 2005 01:47:51 -0500, Erik Christiansen <address@hidden>
> wrote:
>
> > Have you considered running the windows machine, as asked, but a linux
> > box as well?
>
> Been down that road.  I had my personal Linux laptop under the desk,
> that I ran with TightVNC http://www.tightvnc.com/ to do PCB layout
> using http://pcb.sf.net/ .  IT figured that out and putout
> a company edict that personal computer equipment was not allowed in the
> building.  Don't come for a visit with your PocketPC...
>
> Can't do COLinux like systems either as that would show up
> when IT 'shadows' the hard drive.

coLinux will show up as some small program files, and a great big linux
filesystem image file, which your IT folk won't be able to look into
(without coLinux, or real linux).  They might notice it because of it's
size, however, and ask.  The trick would be to rename it to "PornMovie.avi"
(or something more imaginative, and less suitable for a family-oriented
mailing list) - IT will spend so much time trying to figure out the right
codec that they'll leave you alone, and won't dare ask about it.

mvh.,

David