Re: [avr-gcc-list] (Newbie)2.Delay function not working as required

From: Parthasaradhi Nayani
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] (Newbie)2.Delay function not working as required
Date: Wed, 7 Dec 2005 18:38:57 -0800 (PST)

Hello,
What is the code for delayms function? If you have a doubt that optimisation is causing a problem,  you could disable optimisation, recompile and check the output (delay time).

Regards
Nayani

Sumeet Pal Singh <address@hidden> wrote:
Hi
We tried to put delay in our program but it is not that reliable,
When we do
for(char i=0x00;i<100;i++)
delayms(100);

The output which we get is not 100*100ms but something unexpected. The variable i is not used anywhere else in program. Is it that the optimisation is causing problem, if yes please tell how to remive it.

Thanks
Sumeet