Re: [avr-gcc-list] RE: Program Space String & optimization

From: bolet (sent by Nabble.com)
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] RE: Program Space String & optimization
Date: Thu, 15 Dec 2005 02:54:11 -0800 (PST)

>In any case, changing the declaration of 'a' to something like
>
>  unsigned char volatile a;
>
>should do it.  Removing 'a' entirely should fix it as well, but I'm assuming
>you're using it for other reasons.

 Thanks for your answer, the 'a' is only used for debugging purposes.
 I first tried the 'do-while' loop whithout the 'a' with the same result.

 The answer given by Joerg Wunsch works OK, I was using the volatile qualifier
incorrectly:

>Your volatile qualifier is at the wrong place.  You're marking the
>object "txt" points to as volatile, not the pointer itself.  Change
>that into
>
>PGM_P volatile txt = P_Txt;
>
>and it will work.

  Thank you

   Bolet

Sent from the AVR - gcc forum at Nabble.com:
Re: RE: Program Space String & optimization