Re: [avr-gcc-list] avr-gcc and avrlib with mega48

From: Joerg Wunsch
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] avr-gcc and avrlib with mega48
Date: Sun, 25 Dec 2005 08:38:36 +0100 (MET)

Siddharth Priya <address@hidden> wrote:

> I am using the atmega48 controller.Avrlib examples refuse to compile
> with the -mmcu=mega48 parameter though programs not using avrlib
> compile and link fine

I think this question would be more appropriate for an avrlib mailing
list (is there any?), as the maintainer of that library needs to be
aware of it.  He simply needs to adapt the library for that MCU type.

Everything you've quoted is due to register names etc. being different
on these controllers, compared to older AVRs.  For example, there's
now a TIMSKn register each, for timer n, and the 8-bit timers have
more than one control register, so they've got TCCR0A and TCCR0B.