Re: [avr-gcc-list] race condition in sleep_mode()

From: Joerg Wunsch
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] race condition in sleep_mode()
Date: Tue, 27 Dec 2005 23:38:52 +0100 (MET)

address@hidden (Joerg Wunsch) wrote:

> ... commit that part to the avr-libc version.  However, I will adopt
> the implementation of sleep_enable() and sleep_disable(), as well as
> sleep() (renamed to sleep_cpu() or something like that, to avoid the
> confusion with the common Posix function sleep(3)), and add some
> example on top that explains how to use these in a more complex
> scenario, based on the suggested pseudo-algorithm you gave.

I just committed that to CVS.

As I intend to roll the change into the 1.4 branch ASAP (in order to
get everything ready for avr-libc 1.4.1), you might want to have a
look at what is there now.  I've updated the documentation preview
at

http://www.sax.de/~joerg/avr-libc-user-manual/
http://www.sax.de/~joerg/avr-libc-user-manual/group__avr__sleep.html

Please have a look the example and explanation on top are what you had
in mind, too.