Re: [avr-gcc-list] How to set section order

From: David Bourgeois
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] How to set section order
Date: Wed, 18 Jan 2006 21:20:45 +0100

Yes. I noticed that without optimization, the linker keep the order the functions appear in the code but if I turn on optimization (-Os) then the smaller function comes first.

Actually the small function is
void i2cWaitForComplete(void)
{
while( !(TWCR & _BV(TWINT)) ); /* wait for the i2c interface to complete operation */
}

I could simply inline it but as I'm really short in place and it 's called a couple of times in the bootloader, I would prefer to have it as a standard function.