Re: [avr-gcc-list] Does anybody have a variant of memcpy that uses ELPM?

From: Eric Weddington
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] Does anybody have a variant of memcpy that uses ELPM?
Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2006 12:39:28 -0700

Dave Hylands wrote:
Hi Eric,

Before I go off and reinvent the wheel, I figured I'd ask if anybody
has a variant of memcpy which uses the ELPM instruction (as I
understand it, memcpy_P uses LPM which doesn't work for me).

I'm sorry, no I don't have one. It shouldn't be too hard to grab a copy
of the source from avr-libc and modify it to suit your needs.

But now that I'm thinking of it. Would you be willing to submit a new
Task Tracker in the avr-libc project about this?:
<http://savannah.nongnu.org/task/?group=avr-libc>
This is a good idea to have in avr-libc and I don't want the issue to
get lost.

Sure. I actually implemented my own using the memcpy_P.S as a template.

I also created an inline assembly function which will grab the 32 bit
address of an arbitrary symbol. I've included both in this email, and
I'll throw them in the bug report as well.

-----Start of memcpy_EP.S (minus the GPL header) -----

Thanks for doing this!

However, for us to include it into avr-libc, would you be willing to license it under the BSD license (as are all the other files)?

If so, please be sure to copy and paste the copyright header (and change the owner to your name of course) into the appropriate source code files.

Thanks
--
Eric Weddington