Re: [avr-gcc-list] Small AVR

From: Ned Konz
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] Small AVR
Date: Tue, 2 May 2006 15:19:07 -0700

On May 1, 2006, at 1:51 PM, Jerome Kerdreux wrote:

I'm wondering what it the cheapier AVR you can program with avr-gcc
without too much memory issue. (I used to program on ATMega8 but they
cost quite 5 Euros right here.. )

You might consider shopping elsewhere. For instance, Futurlec (http:// futurlec.com) has the Atmega48v at $1.90 each (USD). This is about the same price as the ATtiny26L, which is a nice 20 pin chip with 128 bytes of RAM and 2K of code.

Any AVR with RAM is supported, though the ones with >128K of program memory are just now getting fully supported.

So it depends on how much I/O and which peripherals you need.

One of my favorites right now is the Attiny45, but it's only an 8-pin chip. It's about $2 in single quantities in the US and has 256 bytes of RAM.

There's also the Attiny2313, which might be useful.

--
Ned Konz
MetaMagix embedded consulting