Re: [avr-gcc-list] AVR-GCC build failing using MinGW for WinXP

From: Joerg Wunsch
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] AVR-GCC build failing using MinGW for WinXP
Date: Thu, 25 May 2006 08:14:18 +0200 (MET DST)

Khusro <address@hidden> wrote:

> Thanks for the tips everybody. Until now I have been trying to build
> on WinXP using MinGW.

That ought to be possible.  It's the way Eric Weddington builds the
tools for WinAVR.

> But I quit, I will build on Linux which seems to be the norm.

These tools come from a Unix environment, so naturally, it's quite a
bit easier to build them in a Unix environment.  Still, bison is not
available in all Unices either, nor is GNU make, so in Unices that
don't have them, you have to install them first as well.  Both are
documented prerequisites for building GCC.