[avr-gcc-list] Re: AVR-GCC-list Digest, Vol 16, Issue 21

From: Björn Haase
Subject: [avr-gcc-list] Re: AVR-GCC-list Digest, Vol 16, Issue 21
Date: Fri, 26 May 2006 08:49:56 +0200

address@hidden wrote on Freitag, 26. Mai 2006 18:06 :
> Date: Thu, 25 May 2006 21:08:23 -0700 (PDT)
> From: Khusro <address@hidden>
> Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] AVR-GCC build failing using MinGW for
>       WinXP
> To: address@hidden
>

> Hi all,
>
> I have made considerable progress with everybody's suggestions. I have
> build avr-binutils and avr-gcc
> with the latest atmega2561 patches.  The Last step is avr-libc and I have
> one more hurdle to overcome
> and your help is once again appreciated.
>
> I have successfully patched the avr-libc sources (which I got from CVS).
> Now I notice that one of the
> patches is for the configure.ac file. This means that I have to create the
> configure script using autoconf.
> I hope all is correct till now? Well, herein lies the problem. I of course
> downloaded autconf for windows
> and installed it, along with M4 for windows as well. When I do autoconf
> configure.ac I get the following

Hi,

I'm not an expert concerning the avr-libc build system, but IIUC, you should
run the bootstrap script rather than excecuting autoconf yourself. Hopefully
this solves your problem.

Fabrizio Tironi found out that I forgot to attach the two header files for the
atmega256x in the avr-libc patch.

Aesok already has prepared them and you could download them at

http://savannah.nongnu.org/patch/?func=detailitem&item_id=4461

. They need to go into the "include/avr" directory of avr-libc.

Here you also will find an additional patch. I found one place within avr-libc
where the code pops 2 bytes from the stack in order to simulate the effect of
two "ret" instructions simultaneously. For avr6 we need to pop 3 bytes. The
patch affects the file

avr-libc/libm/fplib/fp_split.S
.

Bjoern.