Re: [avr-gcc-list] Error with long type in avr-gcc

From: Joerg Wunsch
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] Error with long type in avr-gcc
Date: Wed, 14 Jun 2006 15:38:08 +0200 (MET DST)

"Paulo da Silva" <address@hidden> wrote:

> I am with the following problem, when I try to compile my project I
> have = the warnning listed below, the compiler says that I have an
> integer = overflow but I am using long type.

The target data type is long, but the expression type is (implicit)
int, and thus the expression overflows, *before* it is being assigned
to the target variable.

Append the "ul" suffix to (at least one of) the integer constant(s) to
force their type to be unsigned long rather than defaulting to int.