[avr-gcc-list] avr-readelf - AVR Relocation Types

From: Ram Kumar Rengaswamy
Subject: [avr-gcc-list] avr-readelf - AVR Relocation Types
Date: Sun, 16 Jul 2006 16:23:22 -0700

Hi,
I would appreciate if someone with experience on avr-binutils can explain the following to me.

What is the mapping from the info field of the ELF file to the relocation type ?

The output of avr-readelf on an ELF file is as follows:

Offset Info Type Sym.Value Sym. Name + Addend
000007be  00000412 R_AVR_CALL        00000000   .text + 5e0

For the info field = 00000412, the macro ELF32_R_TYPE returns the relocation type to be 12. However, R_AVR_CALL is defined to be 18 in avr.h within the binutils source.
I verified that the correct relocation type is R_AVR_CALL.
How do I determine the relocation type from info field of the ELF file ?

Thanks,
-Ram