Re: [avr-gcc-list] Interrupt Signal Names

From: Joerg Wunsch
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] Interrupt Signal Names
Date: Thu, 17 Aug 2006 07:21:26 +0200 (MET DST)

User Tomdean <address@hidden> wrote:

> I seem to have missed something.  What is preferred in new code?

XXXX_vect.  The entire term "signal", when referring to a hardware
interrupt handler/interrupt vector, eventually appeared to be a
misnomer, so we wanted to get rid of it.  Also, the _vect names have
at least one precedent case for other compilers (IAR EW), and the XXXX
part is strictly derived from Atmel's XML files (and thus also matches
the datasheet), so that helps porting.  The SIG_XXX names were rather
freely invented.  They might have been slightly better readable in
some cases, but for each new interrupt source the next-generation AVR
came up with, we had to invent another name.