[avr-gcc-list] stdio newline character

From: Larry Barello
Subject: [avr-gcc-list] stdio newline character
Date: Sun, 20 Aug 2006 20:55:43 -0700

I never noticed this before, but it appears that the stdio facility in the
latest WinAvr appends a newline character whenever I send a return.

I am working on a project where I am not using printf() etc. but just simple
puts_P() and puts().  Unfortunately the insertion of the 0x0A is a problem.
I looked through the libc faq which mentions the automatic appending of the
0x0A, but never mentions how to disable that.

I must have missed some paragraph or something...  I would appreciate
someone pointing me to the magic incantation to disable cooking the output.

I even tried writing my own puts_P() using putchar(), and THAT appended the
bloody 0x0A...

Larry Barello
www.barello.net