Re: [avr-gcc-list] ld: skipping incompatible /usr/lib/gcc/avr/3.4.6/../.

From: Johannes Bauer
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] ld: skipping incompatible /usr/lib/gcc/avr/3.4.6/../../../../avr/lib/libc.a
Date: Mon, 21 Aug 2006 15:51:23 +0200

Hi Jörg,

I've tracked down the problem to be Gentoo-specific. As such, I'm sorry
to have posted it on that list as it is in no way avr-libc/avr-gcc-related.

When using the avr-libc binaries from scratch (i.e. compiling by
yourself) eveyrthing works like a charm. Seems to be a Gentoo-related
patch which breaks everything.

Currently I'll finish my work and then again install the broken Gentoo
libc. Then I'll also be able to supply the information you requested.
I'll also file a Gentoo bug report and post the # of the bug report here
as a reference.

Thank you very much for you help,
Greetings,
Johannes