Re: [avr-gcc-list] SRAM with winavr

From: Paulo da Silva
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] SRAM with winavr
Date: Tue, 22 Aug 2006 13:11:51 -0300

-----Original Message-----
From:
address@hidden
[mailto:address@hidden
org] On Behalf Of Paulo da Silva
Sent: Tuesday, August 22, 2006 9:47 AM
To: address@hidden
Subject: [avr-gcc-list] SRAM with winavr

Hi all,

I am using winavr to compile a code for atmega128, and I am
having a problem
with sram, because my project use 8262bytes so compiler says
that I am using
201,7% of data memory, but I have externa ram 32kbytes.
I am using avrstudio 4.12 as my ide, I inform in project
options that I have
external sram but this does not solve the problem.

I tryied to put -Wl,-Tdata=0x80110, without a success.

May somebody help-me?

The report at the end of the compilation only knows about the internal RAM
of the atmega128. So, of course, it will show that you are 201.7% of RAM
usage; it doesn't know that you have external RAM. You will be just fine.
The report is only there as a quick referenece for you on your resource
usage. This is so you don't have to calculate it by hand.

If you look in the WinAVR Makefile Template, there are 3 lines that start
with assigning the macro EXTMEMOPTS. There are some comments above those
lines that shows how you can arrange how you use your external memory that
might be useful to you.

Eric Weddington

I suspected that it was thus, because I cannot tel the compiler the amount of memory but where it begins, as I am porting an application, the problem may stay in another place.
Thank you Eric.

Paulo