[avr-gcc-list] avr-g++ and exceptions

From: Rolf Magnus
Subject: [avr-gcc-list] avr-g++ and exceptions
Date: Wed, 30 Aug 2006 14:04:04 +0200

I now tried my avr-g++ with enabled libsupc++ on a real device, and as I
already feared, exceptions don't work. When I throw one, the program seems to
get reset. I can see two possible reasons here:

- the gcc-except-table is needed at runtime. Since it has its own section, it
  doesn't get copied to flash and then at runtime loaded to RAM, like the
  section .data does. I tried to find a way to do it, but it still doesn't
  work. I'm just not good enough with linker scripts and that stuff.

- the built-in setjmp/longjmp functions seem to be used instead of the ones
  provided by avr-libc. No idea if this is actually a problem.

Maybe someone here could help me a bit with one or the other?