Re: [avr-gcc-list] Good bootloader sample wanted

From: dimax un
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] Good bootloader sample wanted
Date: Thu, 31 Aug 2006 12:44:08 +0200

Thanks everybody.
I hope to share my results with you in next few weeks.
I was able so far to implement all required stubs. So now I have
main() running in bootloader section and I made interrupts vectors in
bootloader section. I get timer interrupt to count timeouts

The only thing I'm suffering from is absence of the startup and
standard libraries. I have removed them with linker flag.
"-nostartfiles -nodefaultlibs" There reason is to safe space.
But what happens with initialized gloabal variables? I understand they
will not be initialized or I'll have to do it myself but I do not see
in output code any section containing initialization data. I expect it
to be somewhere in Flash.
I have a code
char buf[20] = "Hello" ( it is global variable ) but I do not see
"Hello" anywhere. So I can not initialize buf myself.
Am I missing something?

Best Regards.
http://www.xdimax.com

On 8/29/06, Dave Hylands <address@hidden> wrote:
Hi dimax,

Posting to list this time - Doh.

On 8/29/06, dimax un <address@hidden> wrote:
> I'm going to make GPRS based bootloader for my ATMega128 project.
> Could anyone please appoint me on good bootloader sample compiled with AVR
GCC.

I've written an i2c bootloader for the ATmega128. You can find more
information over here:
http://docwiki.gumstix.org/Robostix_i2c_bootloader

You may need to enter a username and password at some point in time.
If so, use gumstix and gumstix.

If you have any questions, please feel free to ask.

--
Dave Hylands
Vancouver, BC, Canada