RE: [avr-gcc-list] Installing WinAVR 20070122 broke older3.4.5install?

From: Gavin Jackson
Subject: RE: [avr-gcc-list] Installing WinAVR 20070122 broke older3.4.5install?
Date: Thu, 1 Feb 2007 08:15:09 +1300

There is another key located at:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WinAVR

What I've done to work around this problem is have a
generic name in the registry and rename the folder the
compiler was installed into when wanting to change
compilers. I have a header file that saves the compiler
version as a string so I can always tell which compiler
was used.
I'm not changing compilers often so this method works well.

Gavin Jackson
Research & Development Engineer
Tru-Test Limited
PO Box 51078