Re: [avr-gcc-list] Which is the Best Library?

From: Javier Almansa Sobrino
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] Which is the Best Library?
Date: Mon, 5 Feb 2007 14:11:25 +0100

On Fri, 2 Feb 2007 19:35:54 +0100
Henning Paul <address@hidden> wrote:

> Am Freitag, 2. Februar 2007 10:19 schrieb Javier Almansa Sobrino:
> > On Thu, 1 Feb 2007 10:26:52 -0800
> >
> > "AVR Development" <address@hidden> wrote:
> > > Perhaps you are looking for something like this:
> > > http://hubbard.engr.scu.edu/avr/avrlib/
> >
> > A good lybrary. I didn't know this. Thanks !!
>
> Uses the ugly sbi() and cbi() macros and some other legacy constructs
> as well, but is a good base to start an own function upon. I use it
> merely as a source for code snippets.
>
> But beware, avrlib is GPL, not LGPL! Means you are only allowed to use
> it in GPL applications. Might be a knockout criterion if you are
> developing a commercial project, since you are obliged to publish the
> source code.

Thanks for the advise, but I know. I'm developing a Robot with AVR
(http://crysol.inf-cr.uclm.es/node/538) and all the sofware and hardware
has GPL Licence ;-) now I'd like to find GPL USB libraries, cause I've
ported the AVR's USB library to AVR-GCC but I think Atmel wont let me
share this code :-(