[avr-gcc-list] very strange stuff... possessed circuit?

From: Reza Naima
Subject: [avr-gcc-list] very strange stuff... possessed circuit?
Date: Sun, 18 Feb 2007 22:30:15 -0800

I've been working on a project, all was going as expected, then everything started behaving strange. I'll spare the history and get to the details.

I can write a simple application but it will not run - power cycling it or doing whatever I can to it. I've got status leds attached to F0, F1, and F2 and F1 and F2 are held high. If i use the JTAG bebugger and ender debug mode, it works fine. If I unplug it after entering debug mode, it works fine. If I power cycle it after that point, it works fine. It seems that it's getting stuck at some point and that the debugger gets it unstuck.

This happened on an ATMEGA64. I swapped it out with an ATMEGA128 with the same results. All the fuses look fine -- otherwise, I have no idea what's causing this. The thing is that it worked fine for the longest time, then this started up. Any thoughts? Is it possessed?

thanks,
Reza