[avr-gcc-list] ATmega1281 Samples Are In!

From: LightYear
Subject: [avr-gcc-list] ATmega1281 Samples Are In!
Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2007 00:02:51 -0800

I just got my ATmega1281 Samples.  Atmel sent them to me in record time.  That was great.

I need to hook one up to my AVR Dragon.  I guess just ISP and JTAG will do the trick.  The AVR Dragon won’t emulate an ATmega1281.

Besides the Vcc, GND, JTAG and ISP pins, what other pins must be attached to get the chip working?  Do I need a crystal or does the chip default to internal oscillator?  What pins must be tied up to Vcc or GND to keep errant signals out?

I’m going to look these things up now but I still would like your input.

Barry

JLP