Re: [avr-gcc-list] Should I buy 25 ATtiny45V ?

From: Joerg Wunsch
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] Should I buy 25 ATtiny45V ?
Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2007 20:46:43 +0100 (MET)

Ben Jackson <address@hidden> wrote:

> The ATtiny x5 series has memory and seems to be supported by AVR
> GCC, but I wanted to check with the list to see if there are any
> subtle pitfalls.

Not that I'm aware of.  They should work fine with GCC (within the
limits of their rather small resources, compared to other AVRs).

If you look at the assembly demo of avr-libc:

http://www.nongnu.org/avr-libc/user-manual/group__asmdemo.html

you can see that I'm even (indirectly) demonstrating there that an
ATtiny45 can easily do the job in C where you need to run fine-tuned
assembly code on an ATtiny13 to achieve about the same (or even less)
-- at only little more price of the part.