Re: [avr-gcc-list] avr-gcc 'documentation'

From: David McNab
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] avr-gcc 'documentation'
Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2007 11:48:21 +1300

On Tue, 2007-02-27 at 16:35 -0500, David VanHorn wrote:

>         What I want to ask is - what's the current thinking within the
>         avr-gcc
>         community with respect to documentation, and the task of
>         making avr-gcc
>         approachable to newcomers? Is good newbie-friendly
>         documentation seen as
>         a valued goal within the community?
>
> I would welcome it, and I'd be interested in helping.

Maybe http://avrwiki.com would be a good place. The wiki already exists,
they're keen for new contributions, and doco/examples for gcc-avr and
avr-libc are totally _on_ topic for that wiki.

All they have for gcc-avr at the moment is a page of instructions on how
to download/compile/install it.

If www.avrwiki.com were linked to from avr-libc home page, that would
attract interest from others who are also interested in sharing their
knowledge.

Cheers
David