Re: [avr-gcc-list] Cannot use my new JTAG for programming

From: Joerg Wunsch
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] Cannot use my new JTAG for programming
Date: Sun, 18 Mar 2007 23:12:49 +0100 (MET)

Juergen Harms <address@hidden> wrote:

>           JTAG clock      : 891.7 kHz (1.1 us)

That might be too fast, though JTAG supplies its own clock, thus it
should not depend that much on the CPU clock.  I remember the warning
the JTAG clock must noch exceed 1/4 of the CPU clock, but it's
possible this only applies to the emulation part, not to downloading.

Your ICE's firmware is *way* old.  Mine announces itself as version
4.33, and that's not even the most recent version.  So you'd better
upgrade your ICE's firmware.  Alas, that requires an instance of AVR
Studio on Windows.  Send complaints about that to avr at atmel.com.