AW: [avr-gcc-list] ATmega256x trampolines? (Was: Why is there 1200bytes

From: Haase Bjoern (PT-BEU/EMT)
Subject: AW: [avr-gcc-list] ATmega256x trampolines? (Was: Why is there 1200bytes of zeroes in my code?)
Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2007 10:04:50 +0100

Hi, you could solve your problem by using -Wl,--relax . The linker first starts
with worst-case assumptions that imply that it needs a trampoline for any
function.

The linker thus reserves the space for all possibly needed trampolines and
starts the application code behind the trampolines. If it turns out that not
all of the trampolines are actually needed, this space remains reserved by
default.

The space is freed afterwards when using the linker relaxation.

Yours,

Björn.