[avr-gcc-list] Embedding CRC into hex file

From: larry barello
Subject: [avr-gcc-list] Embedding CRC into hex file
Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2007 08:22:13 -0700

Does anyone have the AVR equivalent routine for one of the CRC16 generated
with "srecord" they would share?  I would like to modify my boot loader to
check the application code before running so corrupted downloads don't wedge
my application.

I know there are plenty of examples on the web (I have done this before for
the H8), I just thought if someone has GCC code ready to cut & paste that is
known to work with srec, that would shave a bit of time off my project.

Thanks.