RE: [avr-gcc-list] Option to remove unused trampoline space gives bad li

From: Stu Bell
Subject: RE: [avr-gcc-list] Option to remove unused trampoline space gives bad link
Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2007 17:29:21 -0600

Hi Eric!

I don't believe it to be a FreeRTOS bug, per se, but I cannot see what
is going wrong.  I admit that I haven't spent much time on it recently.
(Darn customers!  They actually expect you to work for THEM! ;-) ).

It is possible that I am not initializing the task stacks correctly for
the mega2560, since the failure seems to occur at the task switch.
Perhaps I missed an extra state bit somewhere -- no, it's not the PC, I
GOT that!  I don't know why the --relax option on the linker would
sensitize the problem this way.  At any rate, I plan to spend more time
on it but for now the extra 1200 bytes aren't killing me.

Please leave it open for the moment, but feel free to ping me.  If you
would like me to put it into some "delayed" state, I would be happy with
that.  I don't think the bug should be closed -- until I run this down
to root cause, it is possible someone else will come across it.

Best regards,

Stu Bell
DataPlay (DPHI, Inc.)