Re: [avr-gcc-list] scanf and __fmt string

From: Dave N6NZ
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] scanf and __fmt string
Date: Sun, 03 Jun 2007 13:22:07 -0700

Second link in google for 'scanf':

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scanf

But... if my experience is a guide, you will be sorry you ever heard of scanf. It's not a very robust way to parse input.

-dave

Roger Furer wrote:

Aloha from Honolulu,
I'm trying to use scanf in a program and reading about it I found that it is supposed to reference __fmt string, which is supposed to reside in program memory. I spent a coup[le of hours with Google and the AVR-libc reference, but could find no other information on __fmt string. Can someone explain it to me? How is it composed and where would it reside?
Thanks Very Much,
Roger Furer