Re: [avr-gcc-list] avr-gcc toolchain problem on x86-64 system

From: Bob Paddock
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] avr-gcc toolchain problem on x86-64 system
Date: Thu, 7 Jun 2007 06:07:28 -0400

On Thursday 07 June 2007 01:07, Joerg Wunsch wrote:

> > crossdev --target avr

> It used to have well-maintained once by the time Henrik Brix Andersen
> was in charge of maintaining them.

> Does Gentoo no longer have portage compilations for the AVR toolchain?

avr-libc is maintained, as far as I know crossdev is always how the
compiler was built.  crossdev may have built against a older
version of avr-libc, try this:

emerge cross-avr/avr-libc;crossdev --target avr

cross-avr/avr-libc
      Latest version available: 1.4.6
      Latest version installed: 1.4.5
      Size of downloaded files: [no/bad digest]
      Homepage:    http://www.nongnu.org/avr-libc/
      License:     BSD

sys-devel/crossdev
      Latest version available: 0.9.18-r1
      Latest version installed: 0.9.18-r1
      Size of downloaded files: [no/bad digest]
      Homepage:    http://www.gentoo.org/
      License:     GPL-2

avr-gcc (GCC) 3.4.6 (Gentoo 3.4.6, ssp-3.4.5-1.0, pie-8.7.9)

Is what is installed on my system.  Don't think crossdev has been updated to
4.1.2 yet.
Need to figure out how to put 4.1.2 in a new gentoo 'slot' so that both
can be installed at the same time.  4.1.2 makes larger code than
3.4.6 and no longer fits in some smaller devices like the 2313.

--
                http://www.wearablesmartsensors.com/
 http://www.softwaresafety.net/ http://www.designer-iii.com/