[avr-gcc-list] Getting gdb to use simulavr ?

From: Vincent Trouilliez
Subject: [avr-gcc-list] Getting gdb to use simulavr ?
Date: Thu, 5 Jul 2007 21:11:08 +0200

Hi list,

I am trying to get started using debugging tools.
I am going to fork some cash for a JTAG ICE at some point in the
coming months, but in the meantime I would like to fiddle with
simulation. I use "Insight" as a GUI for GDB. From what I understand
and saw so far, I have to install simulavr and get gdb to use it as a
target, and automagically Insight will then give me the option to
select "simulation" as a target option.
So I installed simulavr, but failed to find guides/manuals that detail
the procedure to get gdb to use simulavr, so that insight then offers
me this choice.

What do I need to do ?

I checked the on-line documentation for gdb on the projects web-site,
but nothing looked like it from the TOC. As for Simulavr, the link they
give to their documentation yields to page not found.

So I could really do with some guidance on setting everything up :-)

Regards,

--
Vince